Baptist Health Lexington Laboratory
Baptist Health Lexington's laboratory offers comprehensive clinical and anatomic testing services for inpatients and outpatients.
The Laboratory is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Outpatients can visit one of three collection facilities for specimen collection:
- 2101 Nicholasville Rd, corner of Nicholasville Rd and Southland Dr.
- 1780 Nicholasville Rd, 1st floor
- 1740 Nicholasville Rd, 6th floor, main hospital lab
- Routine analysis in the areas of chemistry, hematology, coagulation, blood banking, urinalysis, microbiology, immumology and histology
- Specialized clinical chemistry analysis, hormonal assays, therapeutic drug monitoring, CEA assays, electrophoresis studies and radioimmunology
- Clinical immunology including immune function testing for the detection of antibodies to rubella (measles), varicella (chicken pox) and mycoplasma, anti-nuclear antibody identification, and titer, fungal serologies and direct antigen testing
- Clinical microbiology studies including routine isolation, chlamydia detection, complete anaerobic capabilities, complete antimicrobial susceptibility testing, mycology mycobacteriology and parasitology
- Clinical hematology studies, including bone marrow interpretation, automated comprehensive blood count and complete coagulation analysis
- Anatomic pathology services including tissue diagnosis by light microscopy and immunohistochemical studies
Baptist Health Lexington's Laboratory is staffed by board certified pathologists specializing in the practice of anatomical pathology and laboratory medicine. Technical staff includes medical technologists, medical laboratory technicians and histotechnicians registered through the American Society of Clinical Pathologists.
For more information about the Laboratory click here, or for information about current positions call 859-260-6225.