EXPECTING GREAT THINGS MATERNITY EVENT COMING SOON!! PLEASE JOIN US ON SATURDAY APRIL 26TH FROM 11-1:30 FOR GREAT FOOD,INFORMATION AND PRIZES. DR. HARVEY KARP, AUTHOR OF THE HAPPIEST BABY ON THE BLOCK WILL BE OUR GUEST SPEAKER. EVENT IS FREE AND NO REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. KEENELAND ENTERTAINMENT CENTER.
Baptist Health Lexington offers a variety of classes to prepare expectant parents for childbirth and parenting. The classes are reserved for those delivering their babies at Baptist Health Lexington. Please check the class listing for dates and location which are subject to change. Please feel free to bring a snack and a drink!
- 9 Months and Counting So you just found out you are pregnant? Congratulations! Let us help you answer all of your questions! This is the BEST class to take FIRST!
- Great Expectations After you've taken your 9 Months and Counting class, you'll want to begin your childbirth education with this class. It will give you a general overview of having your baby at Baptist Health Lexington.
- Art of Breastfeeding helps prepare expectant moms for the breastfeeding experience.We encourage your partner to attend with you.
- Bumps and Babes is a prenatal exercise class for everyone! Don't let pregnancy put you into hibernation! Join us at HealthwoRx for a great workout.
- Comfort Measures for Childbirth offers parents-to-be breathing, relaxation, comfort and support methods. Moms and partners should both attend!
- First Spoonfuls is a cooking class designed to help you transition your baby to solid food!
- Fit Mommas a postpartum stroller exercise class for mom and baby.
- Laboring the Natural Way, a three-part class series designed for those who wish to explore the option of a non-medicated birth experience. Moms and partners should both attend!
- Little Fingers, Little Toes is a class designed to help parents learn the basics of infant care, including diapering and bathing. Moms and partners should both attend!
- Marvelous Multiples a class for parents expecting multiples!
- New Brother/New Sister helps your child feel "special" and an important part of the welcoming a new sibling.
- Pediatric CPR is for parents, babysitters, childcare workers, and others who want to learn CPR techniques for children from birth to 8 years.
- Prenatal Yoga is a yoga class specially modified for women in any stage of pregnancy.
- Perinatal Bereavement Parent Support Program is a support group for families who have experienced the loss of a baby through miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, stillbirth or newborn death
- Pregnancy and Parenting After Loss Support Group is a support group for families who have experienced the loss of a baby and are not facing the mixed emotions that a new pregnancy and parenting bring.
Check out our Preparing for Baby brochure.