Critical Care Services
Baptist Health Lexington offers critical care services for the acute critically ill patient. Utilizing state-of-the-art technology, all patients are monitored and cared for by highly trained professional nurses. Critical Care Services are offered in a variety of settings based on the care and needs of the patient - newborns and adults.
Specialized Critical Care Facilities
Baptist Health Lexington's critical care facilities are designed to provide specialized care to patients with life-threatening medical conditions, as well as post-operative care following open heart and other major surgeries. We have different units to meet specific nursing needs:
- 12-bed cardiothoracic intensive care unit (CTICU) where patients recover immediately after open heart surgery
- 8-bed coronary care unit (CCU) where patients with serious heart problems are closely monitored and receive specialized, individual care
- 8-bed neuro ICU unit to meet the needs of stroke patients as well as others with intensive neurological needs
- 24-bed medical and surgical intensive care unit
- 20-bed neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) designed to care for the 8 to 10 percent of all newborns who require special medical and nursing attention
Critical Care Support For Families
To help families cope with the strain of a loved one's critical illness, we offer:
- A chapel open 24 hours a day for meditation or prayer
- Chaplains to provide support and help with difficult health care decisions
- Overnight accommodations at reduced rates from nearby hotel
- Liberal visitation to allow family members as much visiting time as possible
Looking for a physician? Use our Physician Directory.