Emergency Healthcare Services
Equipped with leading-edge technology, Baptist Health Lexington's emergency department is ready to respond to the emergency medical needs of the Bluegrass. As one of Lexington's busiest emergency rooms, we treat 36,000 plus medical emergencies a year.
Emergency Room Specialists
Each of our dedicated emergency board-certified physicians and nurses has successfully completed Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Nursing Core Trauma Nurse Course, and the Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course. Our team is trained to provide a full range of emergency room care for patients of all ages with all types of medical problems, from minor illnesses and injuries to life-threatening emergencies.
We also provide on-call emergency room coverage 24 hours a day as needed, with physicians specializing in:
- Family practice
- Internal medicine
- General surgery
- Pulmonary medicine
- Plastic & reconstructive surgery
Emergency Room Facilities
Baptist Health Lexington's specialized emergency facilities include:
- Treatment areas equipped with advanced cardiac monitors for observing patients with unexplained chest pain to determine whether admission is needed
- Private treatment rooms
- Equipped to treat our pediatric patients
- OB/GYN facilities equipped for female patients with obstetrical or gynecological problems
- Isolation rooms with negative pressure for patients who need to be placed in isolation for possible infectious disease management
The emergency department is located close to both radiology and laboratory services to assure fast turnaround time for X-ray and lab test results.
Telephones are provided in every patient room for the convenience of both patients and their families.
Special Emergency Room Programs
Special services available through Baptist Health Lexington's emergency department include:
- Prehospital 12-lead ECG program offering state-of-the-art, early-response heart attack intervention through the Lexington Fire Department's emergency response vehicles
- Chest pain observation where patients suffering from chest pain can be evaluated to rule out the possibility of a heart attack
- Stroke treatment program, a comprehensive treatment plan for early symptoms of "brain attacks" or strokes
- Pediatric emergency care to make your child's stay in our emergency department as painless as possible
Looking for a physician? Use our Physician Directory.