Central Baptist Heart Care
The Central Baptist Heart & Vascular Institute in Lexington, Kentucky is one of the busiest and most respected heart programs in the Commonwealth.
The mission of the Central Baptist Heart & Vascular Institute is to provide unsurpassed cardiology care. We are committed to providing leading-edge technology with compassionate care and concern for the person as a whole. That's the reason some of the most experienced physicians and staff choose to practice here.
Tradition in Cardiology Excellence
Central Baptist's leadership and commitment to cardiology began in 1967 when we opened one of Kentucky's first coronary care units. We performed our first catheterization procedure in 1980 and our first open heart surgery in 1982.
The Baptist Heart & Vascular Institute has a cardiology team of more than fifty cardiac specialists. Because cardiovascular disease has many facets and stages, we offer a complete range of cardiology services, including prevention, education and rehabilitation. This team approach ensures that the patient is seen and treated as a whole person, from diagnosis to recovery.
Heart Attack Information
This year, between four and five million Americans will be assessed in the emergency department for chest pain. Of these, about 1.5 million will be diagnosed with a heart attack.
Heart attack symptoms include:
- Pressure or crushing pain in the center of the chest that may radiate down the left arm or into the jaw area
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Shortness of breath
Any chest pain that lasts more than ten minutes could be a sign of a heart attack. If you are experiencing such pain, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency department.
More On Cardiology At Central Baptist
- Baptist Heart & Vascular Institute CBH Cardiac Annual Report
- Learn more about our heart and vascular services
- Learn more about The Lexington Cardiac Research Foundation, Inc. (“LCRF”), a research foundation devoted specifically to cardiac, electrophysiology and vascular clinical research
- Check out our latest Care Central TV Show featuring CBH cardiologists & cardiothoracic surgeons
Are you at risk for a heart attack or heart disease? Take our risk assessment.
Looking for a physician? The Physician Reference Guide list our cardiovasular physicians and cardiothoracic surgeons, contact information, photos, education and certifications.
Our Physician Directory allows you to search any physician with privileges at Central Baptist.