Technology at Central Baptist's Heart and Vascular Institute
Coronary care technology changes rapidly and constantly. Less-invasive procedures, more accurate tests and groundbreaking medicines appear on the horizon almost daily. We're dedicated to putting these lifesaving tools in our physicians' hands. That's why the Baptist Heart & Vascular Institute houses the very latest diagnostic, surgical and laboratory facilities.
Our expanded facilities also include:
- 6 open heart surgery suites
- 8 digital cardiac cath labs and electrophysiology labs
- 29 private postcath observation rooms
- A dedicated open heart ICU
- An open heart telemetry unit with all private rooms
- A noninvasive cardiac diagnostic center
- A progressive cardiac rehabilitation center
- 64-Slice CT
Because each element of the cardiac program is centralized here, we can respond faster and more efficiently than ever. It's truly a facility of the future. And as medical technology continues to grow and improve, the Baptist Heart & Vascular Institute will continue to be among its leaders.
- Central Baptist Hospital has been awarded Magnet status designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. This national award recognizes health care organizations that provide excellence in nursing services and practices.
- The Society of Chest Pain Centers has granted the designation of Accredited Chest Pain Center to Central Baptist Hospital-Lexington, KY. Central Baptist Hospital received full accreditation status from the Accreditation Review Committee on December 27, 2005. Central Baptist Hospital is the 4th accredited Chest Pain Center in Kentucky and the 198th in the nation.
- Central Baptist Hospital is among 100 U.S. hospitals recognized by Solucient as having the highest improved patient outcomes and financial performance for a five-year period.