Outpatient Infusion Center
The Outpatient Infusion Center provides care for patients who need infusions of medications, chemotherapy, intraveneous hydration, blood and support therapies for treating cancer, infections and other conditions.
Our goal is to provide quality, compassionate, patient-centered care in a comfortable and convenient location. We believe in taking care of the whole person, providing for physical, emotional, spiritual, and educational needs. Staffed with nurses who are experts in administering chemotherapy and caring for patients with cancer, our Outpatient Infusion Center nurses have earned national certification in oncology nursing and infusion nursing.
- Comfortable waiting area
- Cancer Resource Center and Library with books, pamphlets and other educational materials, internet access and CancerHelp® education
- Treatment area with comfortable beds and recliners where you can watch TV, read or relax. Warmed blankets, box lunches, beverages, and snacks are available while receiving treatment. Wireless internet connection available.
- Family members are encouraged to come with you but children are not allowed in the treatment area.
- Chemotherapy administration
- IV therapy and injections
- Blood product administration
- Antibiotic administration
- Biotherapy administration
- Placement and care of peripherally inserted central catheters (PICC line insertions)
- Care of Venous Access Devices
- Bone marrow aspiration/Biopsy
- Lumbar puncture
Coming for an appointment:
- Valet parking is provided at no charge from the front of 1720 Nicholasville Road - Building E. We highly recommend this service for parking.
- Surface and garage parking are also available at no charge. Surface parking is in front of the building and garage parking is behind 1720 Nicholasville Road - Building E.
- If you need help getting around, wheeled chairs can be checked out from the information desk in the lobby of Building 1720. A driver’s license is needed for check-out.
For more information:
|Outpatient Infusion Hours:
Some extended-day weekend & holiday hours
Phone Number: 859-260-6564
Baptist Health Lexington
1720 Nicholasville Road
Lexington, KY 40503