Tips and Services for Visitors
Mother/Baby Visitation Guidelines
Visiting hours are from 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Visitors are welcome throughout the day, and one support person is welcome to stay overnight. To protect newborns from colds and infectious diseases, we recommend that children other than siblings do not visit, and that visitors are limited. Children need to be accompanied by an adult other than the patient at all times. Everyone should wash his/her hands with soap and water before handling the baby.
- Fast Takes Coffee Shop, which features favorites such as Pizza Hut pizzas, breakfast pizzas and breakfast panwiches, doughnuts, gourmet coffee and yogurt, is located on the first floor of Building D.
Fast Takes hours are:
Monday - Friday: 6 a.m. - 3:30 a.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. - 2:30 a.m.
- Cafeteria is located in the lower level of Building D and is open:
Lunch: 11 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. (entrée serving line; grill line is open until 4:30 p.m.)
Dinner: 5:30 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.
Vending machines are located throughout Building D, including the emergency department, surgery and labor and delivery waiting rooms. Cold drink machines are also located on all nursing unit floors for your convenience.
Waiting Room Rules
- Lights must remain on at all times.
- Visitors are not to bring lounge chairs, cots, mattresses or appliances into the hospital. (If there is a special need, you may speak with the unit director or clinical house supervisor.)
- In the event the waiting area is overcrowded with a large family, several members may be asked to wait in the hospital lobby.
- Please do not use cellular phones in any patient care area. This may interfere with the patient monitoring equipment.
- For the courtesy and comfort of other families in the waiting area, please keep the noise level to a minimum.
Free valet parking is offered to patients and visitors. You may drop off your car in front of the Buildings C and E.
Valet parking is available Monday through Friday during the following times:
Building C: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Building E: 5:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Please contact the hospital operator if you need to pick up your car after valet hours.
Parking also is available in two parking garages, the south parking structure, located near Building D, and the east parking structure located near Building E.
As a regional medical center, Baptist Health Lexington cares for many out-of-town patients on both an inpatient and outpatient basis.
For the convenience of our out-of-town patients and visitors, we have made arrangements with nearby motels to give reduced rates. For complete information about lodging arrangements, please call the patient representative at (859) 260-6168. On weekends and after hours, you may contact the nursing supervisor at (859) 260-6100.
Reduced rates are offered by the following motels:
- Campbell House Inn: (859) 255-4281 (1-2 miles from CBH)
- Microtel: (859) 299-9600 (8-10 miles from CBH)
- Morgan's Greystone Lodge: (859) 278-3050 (across the street from CBH) - visitors share a bath and are allowed kitchen and laundry privileges
- Red Roof Inn (South): (859) 277-9400 (2 miles from CBH)
- Bluegrass Extended Stay: (859) 269-4999 (5-6 miles from CBH)
- University Inn Motel: (859) 278-6625 (1 mile from CBH)
When calling for reservations, make sure you ask for hospital visitor rates.
Hospital Hospitality House: (859) 254-8998 (1-2 miles from Baptist Health Lexington) Cost is free, but donations are appreciated. The Hospital Hospitality House has dormitory-style sleeping (3 to 4 people per room). You may fix breakfast and lunch with the food provided. The staff will cook dinner. Shower and laundry facilities are available. The HHH asks that guests be in at 10 p.m. so as to not disturb other guests. Of course, you would be allowed to leave in the event of an emergency. Children under 14 are not permitted. If you would like a tour, the staff would be happy to show you around. If you're interested in staying at the HHH, please ask your patient's nurse to contact patient relations, a chaplain or a social worker. You must be referred to stay.
St. Agnes' House is a non-profit, ecumenical mission established through collaboration among the Episcopal Diocese of Lexington, the Society of St. Margaret and the University of Kentucky. The mission is to create a healing environment for persons with chronic medical conditions. St. Agnes' House provides low-cost housing for patients from rural Kentucky who are receiving treatment for cancer and other chronic medical conditions at Lexington area facilities. St. Agnes' House is located at 635 Maxwelton Court in Lexington, just off South Limestone, next to the Lexington Theological Seminary. For more information, call (859) 254-1241 or visit www.stagneshouse.org
The hospital chapel is located on the first floor of Building D, near the front lobby. The chapel is open seven days a week, 24 hours a day for personal meditation. You are welcome to join the chaplains for prayer services on Wednesdays and Sundays at 2 p.m.
Members of our dedicated volunteer organization, the hospital auxiliary, staff Baptist Health Lexington’s gift shop. A wide selection of gift items is available, including flowers and baby items, as well as sundries. Prices are reasonable, and revenue supports volunteer projects within the hospital to benefit patients and their families. The shop is located on the first level of Building E.
Gift shop hours are:
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sunday 12:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
You'll find our helpful, easy-to-use kiosk stations in the atrium between Buildings B and C and the lobbies of Buildings D and E. The consumer kiosks can assist with maps, hospital phone numbers, physician office information, electronic get well cards and access to information on our Web site.