Baptist Health Lexington Perinatal Diagnostic Center
|Dr. John Barton||Dr. Kelley Clark||Dr. Douglas Milligan|
Physician Offices: Print referral forms here
Patients: Print registration packet here
As a regional referral center for high-risk pregnancies, Baptist Health Lexington offers specialized care to pregnant women. Maternal-Fetal Medicine (or perinatology) is a unique specialty of obstetrics that involves the diagnosis, evaluation and management of problems that may affect a mother or her unborn child. Our multidisciplinary team approach provides the highest level of medical and obstetrical care.
Expectant mothers want to give their babies the very best possible start in life. For this reason, we offer the following:
• Complete ultrasound – detailed evaluation of fetal anatomy, growth and amniotic fluid
• First trimester screening – a combination of ultrasound and blood testing from the mother to identify fetal chromosomal abnormalities
• Cell-free Fetal DNA Screening – prenatal, non-invasive blood test to assess the risk of fetal chromosomal abnormalities
• Fetal Echocardiography – detailed ultrasound imaging of the heart and its major vessels
• Amniocentesis – procedure to obtain amniotic fluid that can be used for diagnosis of genetic disorders, analysis of fetal infection, or determination of fetal lung maturity
• Evaluation and Management of pregnancies complicated by medical conditions
• Preconceptual Counseling
A maximum of three (3) guests will be allowed into the exam room with the patient to allow the physicians and sonographers the opportunity to provide the highest level of care with the least amount of distractions.
To contact the Perinatal Diagnostic Center, please call (859) 260-6970.