At Baptist Health Lexington, we provide high quality healthcare for every stage of a woman's life. From childhood to the childbearing years, from a healthy pregnancy to the thriving senior years, the professional staff at Baptist Health Lexington is here for you. Our full range of services has made us the facility of choice for families in south, central and eastern Kentucky. We offer:
- Modern obstetrical care directed by physicians who care about you and with the support of nurses who have been nationally recognized for excellence
- Education to prepare expectant parents for childbirth and parenting
- Lactation consultants to support breastfeeding mothers and babies
- Perinatal services for high-risk pregnancies
- At your request, laborists, along with your personal obstetrician, work together to deliver high quality, seamless care to you and your baby.
- Baby Central, our Internet Web site for proud parents who want to show off their newborns to family members and friends all over the world
- a neonatal intensive care unit staffed with board-certified neonatologists and highly trained nurses
- an opportunity for the mother to keep her baby with her from delivery to discharge
- An inpatient women's unit to provide specialized medical and surgical care, including plastic, reconstructive surgery and medical care, to women with breast cancer, gynecological problems, gynecological cancer and other health conditions
- Breast Imaging Services, which include state-of-the-art digital mammography, breast diagnostic procedures and bone density screening.
- Children's services including an inpatient pediatric unit, child life services, rehabilitation therapies, speech-language pathology services, home health services and community education programs.
For a list of women's and children's physicians with active hospital privileges, click here.