Family-Centered Maternity Program
The arrival of a new baby is a life-changing experience for the whole family. Baptist Health Lexington's obstetrics care focuses on the family unit during this special time.
We understand what new families want and need, because we've been sharing in the miracle of birth for generations. Many of our staff members were born at Baptist Health Lexington.
From the latest in equipment to the tender touch of caring nurses, we are committed to meeting the needs of women in central, south and eastern Kentucky.
To find answers to all of your baby-related questions, visit our Baby Steps page.
Learn more about our upcoming
Expecting Great Things maternity event scheduled April 26.
Our family-centered maternity program offers:
- Modern maternity care that includes labor, delivery, recovery (LDR) rooms, and mother-baby care
- The opportunity to put your newborn on the Internet through our innovative Baby Central program
- The opportunity to keep your baby with you from delivery to discharge;
- Rooming in
- Extensive perinatal services to help promote healthy outcomes for women with high risk pregnancies
- Classes to prepare expectant parents for childbirth and parenting, including topics such as having your baby at Baptist Health Lexington, breathing and relaxation methods, breastfeeding and pediatric CPR
- Lactation consultants to support mothers in their desire to breastfeed;
- A state-of-the art neonatal intensive care unit to provide special medical and nursing care to newborns who need extra care, including those born prematurely
- A perinatal bereavement program to meet the needs of parents who have experienced a miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, stillbirth or newborn death
- Newborn nursery that is always open
- Perinatal Palliative Care
- Nationally recognized Magnet nurses recognized for excellence through the American Nurses Credentialing Center